Sunday, February 6, 2011

Outcomes.

I’m reading “The Lost Symbol” by Dan Brown and it’s affirming a vast amount of what I’ve always believed as truth. That our souls, the part in us that makes us love as deeply as we do and hope and dream and gaze at the stars and wonder is a sliver of the universal consciousness that we know as God. That people who love richly and are kind and patient tend to have sweeter lives than those who stay mired in anger and angst. I don’t find in coincidence that when my life goes hectic and crazy and I stay positive and hopeful that things work out in my favor; that the hope for my wellbeing that’s given so freely by the people I care about helps bring about wonderful outcomes.

My most recent wonderful outcome is definitely Steve. I feel like I’m perpetually smiling, perpetually glowing, because I have this tremendously great partner to share my thoughts and emotions and days with and he understands it. And likes to hear it. And remembers. I’ve told him more small silly things about myself in moments of comfortable amicability than almost anyone else and not only does he like to hear it, he remembers it and smiles at me later and whispers something about how much he loves my brown eyes or the way I grin.

I feel like all of my rough spots and determined positivity has ripened me like a good wine for someone who could appreciate it, and that’s him. And I feel like my life as a whole and all of the lessons I’ve lived and the spans I’ve grown in the recent years has made me capable to enjoy and cherish him for who he is and what we can be together.

I am glowing and joyous and effervescent. I am thankful. I’m one with my soul and with you and with everything above and below and feel at peace.

2 comments:

  1. I share with you the thought that if you radiate positivity, it will come back to you. My mother says I'm lucky but I think it's because, even in times of great lows, I do my best to stay positive. I love people who do their best to stay positive. So keep it up lady. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always appreciate your ability to stay positive in dark times, and thinking about you alone, allows me to do the same, or at least strive for it during REALLY dark times, =)

    ReplyDelete