Monday, July 30, 2012

Godbabies and Clapping.

My third goddaughter was born yesterday morning. She's beautiful, and already a light in my life. My three girls are the cherry on top of the sundae of people I want my successes to benefit.

I want to read them poetry and books I wrote just for them and play the ukelele and tickle them and kiss their cheeks off 'til they giggle hysterically. That's my job as a godmother, you know.

I was able to tuck my insecurities away where they belong after talking to Traci about them. Already I feel more solid, and life is better. I woke up today with my pain in moderate control, and I felt like the worst of this ordeal is over. I'm climbing over the hill. Life is good.

My hair is thick and curling again. The stress from Enterprise has fully faded away in this pursuit of happiness that I've been on, so I think I'll let it grow longer again. We'll see how long it'll last, of course, and my "long" is most people's "short", but we'll see what happens.

I get to go home in a month. I'm so thrilled. I miss my family and friends so much, and I need to hold my two newest godbabies and let them feel my love cocoon them.

As I've been counting the pages of the charts I've been copying all day, this song kept running through my head. I was humming it as I walked down the hall, and an elderly man stopped me and asked, "How on earth does a young thing like you know that song?" I smiled and said I knew what good music was, and he laughed and patted me on the shoulder.

Life is good. It's full of love and shining moments and struggles to show you all of the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment