Thursday, January 28, 2010

Yay! Quick recovery.

Fuck Mr. Pink!

Well, I can't really say that. I have a lot of sympathy for him. And as a person, it's hard not to adore him. He's a good guy. Smart. Has the potential to be a great man.

But I gotta say, I'm not ugly.

Oh yeah. Giggity. Shouting it from the mountain tops.

I AM NOT UGLY.

And I don't think I'm bad in bed either, frankly.

Just because he did, on either option, doesn't make it true. Doesn't make it applicable to me. And I know that. I do. Being bummed for a day and thinking it through helped make me realize that.

I'm not going to shut off my heart, or close down the part in me that wants to believe people are fundamentally decent, and worth trusting. I won't. I refuse.

I'm not going to let myself become someone who's bitter and shut off. I always say it, and temporarily wonder if I'm insane when I get hurt because of it, but I'd rather love constantly and be hurt vibrantly than be just another soul taking that brightness from the world. Because that's what love is: a light. And I believe that. I know it's true. As soon as I believed in love for the God it is, I saw it everywhere, and I won't turn my back to it.

I would let you down if I did.

I hope this finds you well, my darling.

No comments:

Post a Comment