Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I'm going to write a book!

So, I've been writing my entire life; as long as I can remember I've been putting words to paper to help me deal with emotions, present my self as stable, et cetera. Dear friends have told me I should write a book based on short stories or poetry they've read, but the thought of amassing enough of that kind of content into a book worth reading or creating a fictional novel with enough of a plot has been too daunting. Now, I realize what I was missing.

I didn't think I had enough life to warrant a memoir, but I realize that yes, I do. It won't be about me, though, per se. It will be about the people have shaped me throughout my life; the various families, individuals, dearest friends, who have shaped me to be who I am. Who have been the community raising this child.

I can see it so clearly, and I'm so excited. I just need to carve out the time to write it, and I feel like it will flow from my fingertips like the Nile during flooding. A Nile of love and devotion and gratitude.

I feel like my heart is giving one slow, lazy bump after months of being stilled. It's going to happen.

I love you. Give me your thoughts! <3

2 comments:

  1. i think that you should try your hand at writing. no pun intended, but you get the idea. a good friend of mine recently finished a chapter of her memoirs/book, and it's an awesome thing to see it go from an idea to an actual work...so my vote is for you to write a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have many thoughts, but the one I will leave you with for now is borrowed from Ralph Waldo Emerson: "Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen." (Could this be considered the original "conspiracy theory"? ;-) )

    ReplyDelete