Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bob Marley.

I had a revelation today, thanks to the wisdom of Bob Marley.

One of his famous quotes was the cause. Everybody's gonna hurt you, you just need to find the ones worth suffering for. The same applies to jobs. Every job sucks...let's be honest. Even when it's a career, no one is thrilled to go work a 9 hour job, come home, clean house, do other chores, pay bills, et cetera. You just tolerate said job better when it's worth suffering for. Unfortunately, the job I'm at ISN'T, and I'd be happy with a career-length lower pay if I could really stand behind what I was doing. Renting cars isn't that for me, thank god. Finances were really important to me when I took this job, and that was my bottom line, but it's started to shift as my moods have begun to change so dramatically. I don't want to be Jekyll/Hyde. I won't be, and especially not because of something I can so proactively change, like employment.

My company is amazing. My bosses are amazing. My co-workers are amazing. I'm just not built for sales.

I came home and swam today, and Corina was here. I've known her since she was in utero, and I love her so much. She's absolutely golden, and wants to watch Matilda with me right now.

I'm going to go do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment