Tuesday, August 10, 2010

What I want in life.

Having crushes on people has made me think more sincerely on what I want in a relationship. And it's so basic.

Down the street, a band is playing. I love you. Come, let us roam the night together. Singing.

It's one of Langston Hughes' famous lines, and wowza, does it hit me anew every time. The other basic standards that I wish a guy could have, like a job and shiz, drop into the gutter when I entertain that half of my heart.

If I felt that way, I'd let almost all the practical reasons go by the wayside. Give me a poet, or an artist, or someone starving and with a passion. I don't care. Just give me someone worthy of an intense love, and I'll give it wholeheartedly to them.

Maybe it's been too long since I've felt any passion...any reckless abandonment for another person. I need to feel a good crazy for someone, and wouldn't it be amazing if I could stand the sight of them in the morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment